PKB sends out notifications to your main email address. See Updating your settings for details on changing your email address. The emails are designed to inform you about a change in your record, such as a new test result, but without including clinical information. Each message has a link to log into the page in PKB to see the relevant information securely.
What notifications do patients receive?
We will send you a notification if:
- Someone, such as a professional, sends you a message
- A new letter or document is added to your record e.g. discharge summaries or clinic letters
- There are changes to the information in your record e.g. we receive new test results for you
- Changes in sharing e.g. if there is a change to who has access to information in your record.
If you have been invited but have not registered yet, you will be notified about messages, consultations and invites.
What limits are placed on notifications?
To avoid overwhelming you with messages PKB limits certain notifications.
There are certain changes to your record that we think are important to notify you about every time they occur. There is no limit applied on these:
- If someone sends you a message or a document
- If a new appointment is added or there is a change
- If there is a change to who has access to information in your record
- Updates to demographics
For all others we send a maximum of one notification a day. This includes changes to:
- Care plans
- Library links
- Test results
We are planning to make it easier for you to turn on or off these notifications. Please subscribe to our blog to be kept up to date with all our latest developments.